Monday, November 27, 2006

The Blog-Eyed Peas

It's been about a week since I've blogged. This time, I actually have been busy. We had a visitor here at 3260 De Witt, the beautiful Ms. Leah M. Borno. Say hello to Leah.
Also, there's a new tenant here at De Witt, and his name is Dylan Chatterjee. Dylan was supposed to be off to Fiji to film for a new reality TV show on Fox. However, that got pushed back to January. Fox informed him of this about four hours before his flight. And so he immediately began moving in. Already, he has a bigger bed than me, a huge flat screen TV, and has made a kick-ass dinner for the 3260 De Witt Iron Chef contest; cornbread casserole. Dylan is from Houston, so he's got the edge with the good ol', stick to your ribs, southern cooking. Yee haw.

Everybody say hi to Dylan.
Notice both Leah and Dylan are standing in front of dart boards, each with bulls-eyes. This was at the Cat & Fiddle one night, where Dylan kicked mine and Leah's ass in darts, and Jorge conquered everybody. Good times.

So with two newbies in the house, we had a great week. As Leah put it over Thanksgiving Dinner, if she couldn't be with her family, there is nobody she would rather be with on Thanksgiving than me, Pat, Jorge, and a total stranger. However, we did make a pretty damn good meal, if I do say so myself. We had a 6 pound turkey for the five of us, which turned out to be plenty. We cut little slits in it and shoved garlic in it, put potatoes, carrots, and onions around it, poured butter and squeezed a lime over it, then basted it with chicken bouillon, parsely, and dried minced onion. Fucking awesome. We also had mashed potatoes, stuffing, green been casserole, mac & cheese upon Pat's insistence, corn, and biscuits. For dessert we had pumpkin pie and deep dish apple pie. And by the way, Leah made some awesome sugar-coated pecans to snack on while we were all cooking. The one thing I regret is actually eating everything I put on my plate, not only because I was immobile for a few hours after that, but because I have not heard the end of it by anybody who was present. You should hear the way Pat tells the story. The food is six inches off my plate and I eat it without the use of utensils. Fuck you.

So, while Leah was here, we went down to Hollywood Boulevard, up to Mulholland Drive, and around to Wisteria Lane, as pictured here (photography by Leah Borno on a moving tour shuttle):Okay, so yeah Wisteria Lane is fake. But it was cool to get to see it up close from the backlots of Universal Studios, which Leah and I journeyed five minutes from 3260 to on her last day. It was a lot of fun. If Wysteria Lane was real, I could walk to it in ten minutes from my house. Then the desperate housewives would pretend to not be home while I rang the doorbell.

CELEBRITY SIGHTING!!!
On Wednesday evening, Owen Wilson was caught canoodling by himself at Poquito Mas on Cahuenga. The "You, Me, & Dupree" star was wearing army pants and navy blue slippers, and eating tres tacos. Leah freaked out.

There's something else I need to comment on, and it's a more serious matter. On Hollywood Boulevard, we witnessed something disgusting. It was one of those crazy religious fanatics preaching about how we're all gonna die if we don't accept God into our lives. He was on a megaphone and yelling at people as they walked by. As if this weren't enough to repel even the most devout Christian from loving God, this is the display the person was standing next to:

Okay, let's address a couple things here. First of all, there is a fake (I hope it's fake) dead body laying on the Walk of Fame (notice the stars in the sidewalk). As if this is going to do anything but mildly disturb and offend people. As if somebody is going to say "Well, there's a fucking morbid sight. Let me accept Christ right now!" Fucking crazy idiots. What statement were they trying to make with this? What does this dead body covered in a white cloth say besides "We're crazy and you should feel even more estranged and weary of our religion than you did before you saw this fucking crazy display. We might as well smear our shit all over the Walk of Fame and say that we're marking our territory because we're that fucking shit-crazy." Second of all, the sign above the picture says "You are headed towards death, like the Titatnic's passengers." ..................... What? What the hell does the Titanic have to do with anything? You know some shit-crazy asshole was like "Hey... I got this cool picture of the Titanic. Let's use that in our ludacrous shit-show magical insanity tour." What kind of bullshit scare tactics are they using, saying that if I do not accept Christ, I will somehow find myself trapped in the bottom of the North Atlantic ocean after my ship collides with an iceberg? "You are headed for death like the Titanic's passengers." Get the fuck out of my face. Trying to recruit people to your faith through fucking scare tactics is low. Instilling fear into people so that they will ignorantly attach themselves to a religion is, in my opinion, enough to get you a ticket straight to Hell. Quietly practicing your own faith is one thing, shouting on a megaphone on a crowded street about the Titanic with a dead body in front of you means you are the craziest person alive. Get a life. Oh, and Pat got a picture with him:I guess the other thing I should mention is that I had a job interview today in Santa Monica at Zucker Productions. Jerry Zucker wrote "Airplane!" and directed "Ghost", which was actually up for Best Picture. He created "Police Squad", which the Naked Gun movies were based off of. He also directed and produced "Rat Race" and "First Knight". The job I was interviewing for was that the "runner", which is basically office work, photocopying, phones, filing, etc., as well as grocery runs and supply runs. But the awesome part is, I will be reading and writing coverage on scripts, passing or recommending them to the production company, as well as taking part in conversations about story and casting and whatnot. This is an awesome opportunity to do start out low but still do something creative with my time here. I love it. I hope I get the job. I think I did well, but he said he'd let me know at the end of the week. Let's all keep our fingers crossed, eh?
CELEBRITY SIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!
At the Hollywood & Highland outdoors shopping center, the fat guy from Borat was caught canoodling with an older woman. It was weird because I have seen the movie "Borat", in which there was a scene with this man completely naked, and a too-close-for-comfort shot of his testicles. Gross!!!

That's the Hollywood sign way way way way way in the background there. Leah, I miss you!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home