Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's a Blog Eat Blog World

Yesterday, I had an epiphany. It is very rare that I have an epiphany. Actually, come to think about it, if you are having epiphanies like every day, then there is something wrong with you. A constant stream of epiphanies kind of cheapens the whole concept of what an epiphany is. The last time I had a genuine epiphany, I came to the conclusion that sometimes death can actually be a sweet release, and given the situation, tempting. Coincidentally, this was while watching "Kate & Leopold".

Anyway, this particular epiphany was kind of helped along by my good friend Joe Sabia. Perhaps he is not holding a grudge about me grabbing the bigger room before he had a chance to. But all is fare in love and war at 3260 De Witt. While sitting on my ass all day, again, and hoping somebody would call me about a job, I was casually chatting with Joe over this new program called "Instant Messaging", sometimes confused with "e-mail" by my parents. Joe, of course, was at work.

oh i gotchya (11:57:28 AM): why dont you fucking go to a production company and demand an interview
oh i gotchya (11:57:32 AM): but thats too in your face for you isnt it
oh i gotchya (11:57:52 AM): ooooooohhhh!
PaulG83 (11:57:10 AM): lol if i DEMAND an interview i better be pretty well prepared for it
oh i gotchya (11:58:30 AM): and im completely serious. two separate occasions had me listening to people saying about "ins" were showing up unexpectedly to production companies doing that
PaulG83 (11:57:30 AM): plus freaking greenlight jobs never called me
oh i gotchya (11:59:20 AM): you sit around phones and mope paul, thats right i said it!!!!!!! and im gonna keep on saying it until you get in the car and show up to places and show AMBITION that thousands of other mopers DONT show because they expect people to review online resumes and pick up the phone for call backs
oh i gotchya (11:59:29 AM): im gonna be a harsh motherfucker
oh i gotchya (11:59:35 AM): im gonna push you,
oh i gotchya (11:59:38 AM): like weight training
oh i gotchya (11:59:41 AM): get off the candy!
oh i gotchya (11:59:46 AM): fuck the mice!
oh i gotchya (11:59:49 AM): get in the toyota!
oh i gotchya (11:59:54 AM): SHOW UP and say u want to talk to someboday
oh i gotchya (12:00:05 PM): keep doing that every single day
oh i gotchya (12:00:19 PM): show the twinkle in your eyes, that you're a motherfucking hardworker
oh i gotchya (12:00:52 PM): dont say anything,
oh i gotchya (12:00:53 PM): sign off
oh i gotchya (12:00:56 PM): and ACT
oh i gotchya (12:00:57 PM): ACT
oh i gotchya (12:00:58 PM): ACT
PaulG83 (11:59:58 AM): you know what
PaulG83 (12:00:00 PM): you're right
PaulG83 (12:00:14 PM): when you're right, you're right
oh i gotchya (12:01:18 PM): what thE FUCK do you have to lose by doing this
oh i gotchya (12:01:20 PM): im serious
PaulG83 (12:00:23 PM): absolutely nothing
oh i gotchya (12:01:36 PM): aND I AM NOT SAYING THIS "to be right" im saying this SO U CAN FUCKING HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BY BEING ASSERTIVE
PaulG83 (12:00:45 PM): what do i wear'
oh i gotchya (12:01:58 PM): jeans,
oh i gotchya (12:01:59 PM): nice shoes
oh i gotchya (12:02:06 PM): black button down shirt
oh i gotchya (12:02:08 PM): or some dark color
oh i gotchya (12:02:11 PM): and a hip blazer
oh i gotchya (12:02:18 PM): not like a fuckin yacht club type of blazer
PaulG83 (12:01:21 PM): i don't have a hip blazer
oh i gotchya (12:02:27 PM): buy one
oh i gotchya (12:02:29 PM): go to target
PaulG83 (12:01:30 PM): but what's hip
oh i gotchya (12:02:37 PM): pinstriped, thin black blazer
PaulG83 (12:01:49 PM): do i tuck the shirt or leave it untucked
oh i gotchya (12:02:53 PM): something from like an h+m type of style
PaulG83 (12:02:02 PM): do they have H+M in the mall?
oh i gotchya (12:03:13 PM): yeah prolly
PaulG83 (12:02:17 PM): well then
PaulG83 (12:02:23 PM): i'm gonna go seize the day
PaulG83 (12:02:27 PM): and i start with getting my haircut
oh i gotchya (12:03:36 PM): k... haircut,
PaulG83 (12:02:35 PM): good day to you

That got me pretty pumped. So I sped off to Supercuts for my first haircut out of Connecticut. Let me tell you, it's all pretty much the same. Anyway, then I was off to the mall to find a "hip blazer". The momentum my epiphany had supplied kind of slowed down here since the only blazer I found that I liked in the entire mall was at Express Men and was $230.00 dollars. I could afford that if I was employed, but apparently I can't be employed if I don't have that. It's a vicious cycle. So I ate some chicken teryaki, and went home.

I may have thrown in the towel yesterday, but once the Thanksgiving holiday is through, I'm gonna get off my ass and go places and see what I can get for myself. Actually showing up places will just put me that much more ahead of anybody else who has turned in their resumes to those places. Thank you, Joseph, for motivating me.

Also, last night I was going to pick up some ingredients for a spicy pasta dish I was going to make for dinner. Iron Chef 3260 De Witt hasn't really been a heated competition for a while now, since everybody is too lazy. But I felt like cooking up some nice pasta so I headed over to Ralph's. Who do I see when I enter the doors, but Jimmy Kimmel. I shop at the same grocery store as Jimmy Kimmel. Isn't that weird?

Anyway, the place was packed probably because of the holiday. I went around and grabbed the shit I needed, then went to the check-out area. The lines were so long that they stretched into the aisles, so there was no walking between the registers and the first aisles, just lines. You had to go to the middle of the store, look down the aisle towards the registers, and pick a line. This was tedious. While trying to maneuver past some people, Jimmy Kimmel was following my line through the breaking crowd. Then, I got caught up because some guy was pushing around his fucking kid in one of those cars. You know those fake plastic car carriages that people push their kids around in the mall so the kids feel like they're on fucking Nascar or something while their mom shops in Charlotte Russe for pantyhose? Well this wasn't one of those. This thing was the size of a fucking twin size bed, and came up to like my chest, no lie. There was no getting around this thing. They might as well have just let the kid jump in a fucking Chrysler and zoom through the aisles. As I stealthily maneuvered around these idiots, I shared a moment with Kimmel. We both looked at eachother as if to say, "This is fucking ridiculous." Then they opened up a register specifically for Kimmel, and I had to wait a half hour.

In other news, Dylan Chatterjee, the new roomie, showed up last night and since I'm the only one unemployed, we hung out and chatted for a while. He's a real cool guy. He's actually headed to Fiji tomorrow to film a new reality series for Fox on some island. He tried one of DJ's beers, and I had him make a label. It says "Hello, My Name Is... I Wish My Dad Pulled Out." Very nice. When getting the beers in the kitchen, he noticed the mouse traps around the stove. I handled that the best I could at the time, which was "Yeah, we have a shitload of mice here." Probably coulda done better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home