Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eternal Sunshine of the Blogless Mind

I stopped blogging for a few days. I'd like to tell you that the reason for this is that as a rule I don't blog my craziest adventures, and the past four days have been non-stop insane action. In actuality, I've pretty much done nothing worthy of blogging. Scroll down and see that me doing push-ups with the guys has been something I deemed blog-worthy in the past, and you will realize how boring the past four days have been.

There have been some highlights that probably don't deserve entire blogs themselves. So to catch you guys up, I'm just going to tell a story using pictures and no words. Here goes:

ONCE UPON A TIME...

THE END
Now that you're all caught up, let me tell you about my day yesterday because, it's kind of story worthy.

I need a car. My Chaueffer Previously Known as Pat starts his job on Monday, leaving me with no way to get around town. And if I ever decide I want to go on interviews to maybe get a job, I'm gonna need my own wheels. I've been to a few dealerships just to scout out the price range of things, yadda, yadda, yadda... Yesterday, I woke up determined to have a car by the end of the day. I'd been fucking around for long enough, Pat's been driving me all over and sitting with me while I talk to these people, I don't want to have to go through this a million more times, plus I don't have the time to do that because come Monday I'd be jogging to the dealerships.

So we pull up to a Toyota dealership about ten minutes from our house. This was around 1:30 in the PM. Remember that time, because it is important later. I wanted to check out the Corollas because they are towards the cheaper side but are still good cars, definitely great on gas mileage which would save me a lot of money right there. The guy who approached us was a young guy named Bachir (ba-SHEER) who was Lebonese, but looked Italian, and didn't have an accent. It was his first week on the job. Turns out he's 22. We walked around the lot a bit, but they were all pre-owned and not for lease. The reason I want to lease is so I can get a new car whenever this lease is up and I never have to deal with any heavy duty repair costs that comes with owning for a long time. So anyway, he had to take us up the street to this other lot with the new cars, so we went. I checked out a Corolla I liked, and asked to take it for a test drive. We got in and sped off.

On the car ride we all got to talking, and he started telling us a little bit about himself. Turns out he's in the music business. Bachir is a battle rapper. For those of you who do not know what battle rap is, it is basically two rappers who go against eachother freestyling insults to eachother, and the crowd decides who wins in the end. Bachir is apparently the champion of Los Angeles (or at least this place called "The Pit". Check out Bachir's music myspace here. Scroll to the right and hit stop on the music that begins to play automatically, then scroll down and watch some of his battle videos. He goes against some black dudes and an Asian guy. Some highlights:

  • "Yo, we're gonna put a box around him. cuz he like a donut shop, whenever you see him you see cops around him."
  • "I say the rhyme sick, don't make me check you. You like Elton John, you a faggot but for some reason people still respect you."
  • To an Asian guy: "I don't know about you, but I'm a martyr. This ain't for me this is revenge for Pearl Harbor."
  • "You ain't really rippin' shit. You such a faggot you went to England and they nicknamed you Cigarette."
This is the guy who sold me a car. His name is MC Dizaster.
I bought a car from MC Dizaster.
MC Dizaster is going to be on the new show "MTV: Flow Blah Blah Blah". I say "blah blah blah" because it's Flow something, but I don't know the rest. Also, he's going to a big battle in Tucson, Arizona to battle sixteen of the countries best battle rappers for 3,000 dollars. I hope he wins.
But anyway, to make a long story short, I was at the dealership until 9:30 at night. That's right. From 1:30 to 9:30. Could that have something to do with me being from out-of-state and unemployed? Yes. Could it also have something to do with MC Dizaster being my salesman? Well, yes.
Waiting there was almost unbearable. Pat and Jorge actually left twice. Once to go to Carl's Jr. for lunch, the other time to go to Best Buy. We went on the bank's computers and downloaded episodes of Saving Jeremiah. That was Pat's idea.
We also saw the kid from "The War at Home", that show with Michael Rapaport. If you recall, I also had another close encounter with him last March. Will our paths cross again? It seems like destiny.
So 8 hours and one goofy celebrity sighting later, I am a proud owner of an '07 Toyota Corolla. Well, leaser, not owner. And I'm not very proud because I totally got fucked over, and I need a job soon or I'll be home with my confidence so bashed that I'll never leave my house, much less the East Coast ever again.
God help me.


Send donations to:
Paul Gulyas
3260 De Witt Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90068

You will go to Heaven if you do.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the greatest car buying (or should I say leasing) story ever.

You should post a pic of the new wheels though.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you ever make me wait this long for a blog ever again.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God Paul updates his blog everyday! I'd be lost if he didn't!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

i'm so glad you guys are in LA, going for the dream. I love the BC (my brother went there), and Saving Jermiah is amazing.

Keep it up, guys. You got alot of people who believe in you.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you and your life. and i can no longer live through your life if you stop blogging :(. so either come home or at least give me something to read!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home